Tuesday, May 17, 2005

American Idol Live Blogging

Vonzell "I Know I'll Never Love this Way Again"
Mary: That was awful - you hit a lot of wrong notes.
Clive: You hit the notes great. Be careful about the hint of a smile in a song like that.
Randy: It was a little pitchy for me.
Paula: I think it started out a little pitchy. You ended up nailing the "power voice" that you have.
Simon: There were a few bum notes but you have 2 more songs. You have to do better than that.

Bo "Sun Coming Down on Me"
Mary: mediocre
Clive: good...
Randy: you're in the dog pound
Paula: brillant
Simon: great - and i like this better than the rock thing

Carrie "Crying"
Mary: You started off amazing and hit a few bad ones at the end. Overall great.
Clive: I think you did a real strong job and you captured the strenth of the melody
Randy: I think that is one of your best vocals, dude
Paula: That song is so haunting... lallala... nice performance.
Simon: I would love to have heard it more stripped down. I'm not sure about the last note.


(Got tired of doing this so....)SUMMARY:
Wow-o-wow! Bo was amazing tonight! Vonzell was pretty darn good too. Carrie too. Hmm. Well, I predict Vonzell leaves us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not watch this, for many reasons. Chief among them that I was hanging curtains that make my living room look like a space-age tent so that the cat will not attack anyone.

Thanks for watching it for me, though. I feel as though I have done my duty to the pop culture gods (idols?), and can sleep easy tonight thanks to your sacrifice