Friday, January 07, 2005

Just Got Back

I just got back from Florida a few hours ago. The trip was from Dec 26th - (today) Jan 7th! WOW. But we drove so we had to make it a long trip to be worth the drive. The party consisted of: me, Ryan, my mom, Simon (the dog), Nan, Pop, Louise and Marty. We were quite a clan in my grandparents' house! I may post a few pictures.

The highlight was that Simon fell into the St. Lucie River (which is a large river right next to our house). He had never been swimming before but he gave it his best paddle even though the water was only 2 feet deep.

The boys did a lot of golfing and... I did a lot of reading .... for fun! I read all of Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy and I'm almost done with This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald. AHHHHH the pleasures of reading when you can chose what you read.

The postings will begin again now the semester is beginning (Monday). I am signed up for 7 2-credit classes (all of which are of great interest to me), plus work once a week, plus Esqchoir. But the classes should be fun and ... not to be smug ... I did pretty goddam well this past semester and I have a freakin' job so this last semester is my time to enjoy what I'm learning.

Cheerio for now!

No comments: