Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Directions

Here is something you didn't know about me: I am fixated on directions. I need to at the least have seen a map of where I am going and at the best have been there before. My frequent half-way-point is that I print out directions to where I am going. It doesn't matter where. Two nights ago I had a class I'm taking a few blocks away -- about 7 to be more accurate -- and I printed out a local map of MY NEIGHBORHOOD so I would know where to go. Just in case. I also spend a good deal of my precious free time viewing maps of frequently traveled routes of mine and seeing what other streets I could take. Just in case. Tonight, in preparation for needing gas tomorrow, I looked on google local so that I could see all my gas station options on my route to work and made sure that the gas station was on the same side of the street as I am driving so that I don't have to cut across traffic or in the alternative what side street I could take to avoid cutting across traffic. And while I am writing this I am somewhat concerned because I haven't printed out a map. Which I will not look at and will leave on the passenger side floor.

No comments: