Monday, September 05, 2005

Spamoconos

The spam I've been getting is in the comments left after blog postings. You can tell when I've gotten some because I erase the posting but it still appears as having been deleted. They aren't really interesting - just crap like "I like your blog. You should look at www.cheapmovingvans.com to find out more about cooking asparagus."

This weekend we went to the Poconos again at a place called Hemlock Farms. It is an okay area although the entire community is very contained like a bizarre self-run town that has security gates and is all fenced off enclosing starving deer who munch on low grass along the side of the road without budging when a car drives by and rafters of wild turkeys digging through people's trash. (For more on group names for birds try this.)

The best part of the weekend (aside from playing tennis and spending time with my family) is exploring all the towns. My new favorite town where I really want to move is Honesdale, PA. I love it. The houses are just breath taking, the landscape is like a dream, and the town is a fabulous mix of eclectic/new-agey/old-mining-town. And it is also the locations of the Himalayan Institute which is a meditation and yoga center.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They aren't really interesting - just crap like "I like your blog. You should look at www.cheapmovingvans.com to find out more about cooking asparagus."

Hahahah :) this made me laugh, THANK you :)

I found your blog, sadly, by googling "mice droppings on desk at work". I hate my job too. Solidarity!