Thursday, September 14, 2006

Little Miss Idle Pants

We successfully completed the closing and the move. I spend a few days in Olivebridge with my family. And now I'm back to my "real life" however I don't actually have a "job" (in quotes because I will be working from home editing that book starting Monday) so I have been a little miss idle pants. I've been spending my ENTIRE days watercolor painting the very same subject - the view out my back sliding doors of my yard from where I sit on the couch. I have been alternating this activity with reclining on the couch reading books. When I am not on the couch, I am in the kitchen preparing meals for me and Ryan like a good little house-fiance. Tomorrow, I'm joining the local gym. Yesterday, I ventured out to get a library card. Today, I have been so "busy" (in quotes because it is really sarcasm) starting and finishing "The Castle of Otranto" by Horace Walpole. I thought, for fun, I should read the novel that is purported to be the beginnings of gothic fiction. I mean, why not? I have not, however, gotten around to eating anything yet today because of my extreme "busyness." Aren't my priorities totally whacked?

No comments: