Tuesday, July 27, 2004

[Tonight is the NIGHT] Boring OCD Causes Repulsion

[Tonight is the night that I figure out how to make my blog attractive and how to actually post photos WITHIN the blog entry. Until then, click on the link and scroll down.]

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/fur/37568323.html

This particular photo of a wood hutch makes me feel like I'm going to hurl. I don't know what it is about it. Let me start with: I think I am a little OCD. I check the same websites everyday multiple times a day. The biggest problem is craigslist. I keep myself so informed on apartments in new jersey and new york (all boroughs except the bronx -- why would i want to live in the BRONX???) even though for a while I had no plans to move and now I already know where I am moving. I also am very interested in the furniture. My craigslist-furniture problem has gotten much worse since I am moving because I might have a practical use and even space for the furniture.
Now... back to the wood hutch. I find the description of this item appealing and I am continually duped to click on the ad. It is described as a "kitchen or dinning room unit" - which I would THINK I would pick up on the misspelling of DINING... but there are SO many people on craigslist who think it is DINNING. Maybe because dinner has two Ns. And you have dinner in a dinning room. LOL.
I think it is the grain of wood that gives me the chills. It is a grotesque picture of wood on a flimsy particle board tower of pisa. I should probably feel bad for it being so ugly and not wanted. This piece has been for sale for weeks.

2 comments:

PDC Ryan said...

Yuck! Talk about tacky...

Anonymous said...

ugg- i think its gross too- i keep meaning to email the guy and tell him to cop on- that no one will ever buy his ugly horrible wooden contraption. btw guess who this is- who else loves craigslist as much as you.