Friday, July 30, 2004

Holding My Breath

Today holds great change for me. It is my last day of work as a summer intern and the first day of my summer vacation. It is probably the last Friday I will spend in my house in Hoboken before my move to Newark. What excites me is that these are changes and they don't feel like endings. And the good news is that I don't have to say "goodbye forever" to anyone today. Forever goodbyes pain me more than anything.

I am really ready to move. I have been living in the same small house for two years. My closet smells weird == like an old person who smokes. I'm looking forward to escaping that smell... unless of course the smell was from me... in which case I will be bringing that smell with me for the rest of my life. I will really miss my housemates though. They have been fabulous to live with and have made this past year more enjoyable. It reminds me that great people in the world just gravitate to one another. Well, even if I am not great, I have always always been lucky and the people who are close to me are the most beautiful people I could imagine.

Enough sappy stuff. My summer reading plans include: finishing A Storm of Swords by George RR Martin (and finding out if a Feast for Crows came out yet!!!), actually getting to the last Harry Potter book which is still in the original amazon.com box from when it was released, and... well... I might start up the Chronicles of Naria again just for fun.

I will be away for two weeks so I probably will not post often if at all. We will return to your regularly scheduled programing after that. Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mar! Good luck with the move...I doubt the smell in the closet came from you! See you soon! love,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary,
Your post was so nice! I enjoy your blog, it's very cheery...I like blogs like that ;) Anyway, I miss living with you, and hope to see your new apt once school starts!
-Julie