Thursday, October 12, 2006

More Movies

I don't know if you have noticed but I've been watching old(er) movies. Probably the biggest fascination for me is the way the world looked then. Not only the buildings but also the design. Like in Beauty and the Beast yesterday, it was supposed to be a timeless fairy tale but the interior design was 60's meets the Dark Ages. Actually, I was reading that the director was Edward Cahn who directed all these cool b-movies like "Invasion of the Saucer Men" and "Creature with the Atom Brain." Awesome! I wish AMC would show those... maybe for Halloween.

I just watched "The Only Game in Town" with Liz Taylor and Warren Beatty from 1970. I found it really sweet but there was a little too much gambling in it -- a lot of close up on the dice. Most of the movie was set in the apartment which had a lot of funky mid-century modern furniture that she so didn't care about that she was putting her high heals on the ottoman.

Next I'm watching "Don't Bother to Knock" with Marilyn Monroe. That was filmed in 1952. Update to follow.

Does anyone know if Netflix or something like that has old movies? I think they have a few but I'm looking for a huge almost unlimited selection.

No comments: