Sunday, January 07, 2007

i really was away!

I went to Port St. Lucie Florida for about 2 weeks and just got back last night. My mom and I drove down the day after Christmas with our two dogs to meet up with her parents (my grandparents, duh!) who have a house there. We had a pretty good time .... although ....

My dog Franklin bit my mom's dog Simon on the ear. They got into a fight and Franklin was definitely winning and I had to whack him with a couch pillow to get him off of Simon. When they were separated, we saw that Simon's ear was bleeding ... like really really bleeding and he had shaken his head so there was blood all over the wall and the lamp and carpet like a crime scene ... and I basically had a break down and started shaking and sobbing and was no help to stop the blood. Luckily, Ryan came down to Florida for a few days (including New Years) and was there was it happened so he helped my mom as I did the only thing I was capable of doing -- finding an animal hospital. Then Ryan drove me, my mom, and Simon to the animal hospital in Fort Pierce where they admitted Simon immediately. It turns out that no stitches were needed and they just used a little "tissue glue" to glue up the little snag in his ear.

It probably sounds like I'm making light of it but it was scary and we didn't see how the fight started so we don't know whether it was totally unprovoked and Franklin just snapped. I wish Cesar Milan would help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aawwwww...living in Lawrencevill must blow...I hate burbs