Friday, January 19, 2007

My Late Take on the Golden Globes

I actually didn't see ANY (okay a few) of the movies that were nominated so I have no opinion on that subject. But, if any of you know me know this, I *love* television and in loving television I have developed distinct preferences. Specifically, for the category of "Best Comedy Television Series," I cannot fathom that The Office would not win... Ugly Betty is AT BEST mildly amusing and AT WORST insipid and trite. Yeah, I said it -- insipid and trite. I was watching Ugly Betty when it first came out just because I like to sample new shows but after about 3 episodes I had seen enough. It is like a pleasant never-ending TV movie. Another thing is that Steve Carell is much better in The Office than Alec Baldwin is in 30 Rock ... unless you think that he should finally be recognized for his uni-dimensional acting.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

The Office is simply the best thing on TV now, especially since Gilmore Girls has just gone straight downhill ... that last episode, with Oscar's "Mexicannity" and their "Officer and a Gentleman"-esque exit from Staples was just fantastic