Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Recipe

I made a banana bread / cake tonight that I think came out pretty good so I thought I would share it with you all. It is VERY LOW FAT too!

3 mashed bananas
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup of flour (it should be whole wheat but i am still trying to get rid of my regular flour)
1 package of flavored instant oatmeal
1-2 cups chocolate soy milk (i just eyeball it)
1/2 cup of fat free vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon baking power
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon olive oil
pinches of spices listed in order from most to least - cinnamon, nutmeg, clove
sea salt to taste

And that's it!!! Other than the yogurt, there's NO dairy... so you could probably substitute the yogurt for soy yogurt and be fine! Oh, and I put semi-sweet baking chips on top to make it more like a cake.

After a lot of calculations and research the following is my estimate on the nutritional information (the things necessary to know for weight watchers):

Cut this is 10 pieces:
148 g calories
2.3 g fat
2.1 g fiber

No comments: