Tuesday, March 15, 2005

American Idol Live Blogging

Jessica Sierra - "Better Shop Around"
Mary: "Bad choice in outfit -- with a belt slung below your belly..."
Of course, Simon was right.
And Paula is not qualified to comment on singing.

Anwar Robinson - "A House is Not a Home"
Mary: "Lame performance; some bad notes; stupid song."
Randy was right: "It wasn't that great for me dude."
Paula: "We are used to hearing you open and big."
Simon: "You have a fantastic voice... Now we want to see a slightly fun side. There is a risk you will be boring."

Mikalah Gorden - "Son of a Preacherman"
Mary: "God you have a terrible voice. I only like you b/c you remind me of Fran Drescher."
Randy: "That was rough for me."
Paula: it is great you are yourself
Simon: "Your confidence exceeded your ability."

Constantine - "You Make Me So Very Happy"
Mary: "You sounded awesome. It was a little risky and mostly fun."
Randy: "That was your best performance to date, for me."
Paula: "You sounded real nice."
Simon: "If this was smoldering idol, you did a great job."

Lindsey Cardinale - "Knock on Wood"
Mary: "Even if I heard you at a Karaoke bar, I wouldn't be impressed."
Randy: "I don't know man."
Paula: "How do you think you did?"
Simon: "I think that 30M TV sets in America had their volume turned down."

Anthony Fedorov - "Breaking Up is Hard to Do"
Mary: "You are insipid and intolerable."
Randy: "That sounded like I was in a bad hotel with a below average performance."
Paula: "It wasn't bad. It just wasn't up to par to what we have been experiencing."
Simon: "Let me put this into perspective. It was akin to the office Christmas party where someone attempts at the end of the evening to get up and entertain and they fail."

Nadia Turner - "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me"
Mary: "I predict you will be in the top 2."
Randy: "I got to give you props. Nadia started the show off."
Paula: "I'm a fan. You're in it to win. I'm so proud of you."
Simon: "In a competition full of hamburgers, you are a steak."

Bo Bice - "Spinning Wheel"
Mary: "It didn't do it for me tonight. It was kind of weird."
Randy: "You already know you are one of my dogs. This is the way to get it done."
Paula: "You are already a superstar."
Simon: "(cough) This stage can either make or break you. You look like you've been doing it for 20 years."

Vonzell Solomon - "Anyone Who Had a Heart"
Mary: "Tough song to sing. It was just okay for me. But you look beautiful."
Randy: "Very ambitious song choice. You have a great good instrument there."
Paula: "You look beautiful and you sounded wonderful."
Simon: "I think that what you have done is to stay absolutely in the middle. At some point you will have to do something great otherwise you will be out in 5 weeks."

Scott Savol - "Ain't Too Proud to Beg"
Mary: "I just love your voice but your performance is a little stale."
Randy: "Scott you back. I enjoyed you tonight man..."
Paula: "It looked like you were having a lot of fun up there. Good job."
Simon: "You surprised me tonight because I thought you would have a problem but you did good."

Carrie Underwood - "When Will I Be Loved"
Mary: "You sounded good-ish."
Randy: "I have high hopes for you. It just was a very okay performance for me."
Paula: "Now is the time to take risks and go for it. This was a not a risk at all."
Simon: "There are 3 people in this competition who know who they are musically and you are one of them."

Nikko Smith - "I Want You Back"
Mary: "You are a really fun performer. You hit a few bad notes but it was great overall."
Randy: "I'm glad that you are back. You brought some fun."
Paula: "That is what it is all about."
Simon: "Forgive me because I thought you sounded horrible. I think I'm the only one in this audience who can actually HEAR."

1 comment:

PDC Ryan said...

You can't stop the rockers... you just can't.