Tuesday, March 22, 2005

LIVE BLOGGIN' IDOL THIS WEEK

Federov - "I Knew You Were Waiting"
Mary: "Wow, I thought you were bad all the other weeks. This week was your worst."
Randy: "Good choice and dude you had fun. Anthony is back tonight."
Paula: "You came back strong. Way to go to start out the show."
Simon: "I thought it was an okay performance. You try to do a sexy routine and it didn't work. It was rather like Randy going on Baywatch."

Carrie Underwood - "Alone"
Mary: "You started off weak but you really pulled though. It was awesome."
Ryan: "You broke out of your shell. Man, is there egg on my face."
Randy: "This was one of your best performances yet. You were unbelievable tonight."
Paula: "Talk about taking risks...my hat is off to you."
Simon: "You're not just the girl to be but you're the person to be. I predict that not only will you win this show but you will sell the most records of any previous American Idol."

Scott Savol - "Against All Odds"
Mary: "You are a sweet teddy bear with a smooth pleasing voice."
Ryan: "You continue surprise me."
Randy: "You worked it out tonight. You had it all popping up there."
Paula: "I feel right not that you are getting better week after week and you're in it to win it."
Scott: "If I'm being honest with you, I don't think that was a fantastic vocal."

Bo Bice - "Time in a Bottle"
Mary: "You are a true performer -- like an established rocker. But I'm not sure that Idol is for you"
Ryan: "I'm not a big fan and I thought that was boring."
Randy: "Very subdued for you but I still believe in you."
Paula: "I think that your fans would agree that you are a gift to the 6M people who watch this show."
Simon: "You look like someone who has already made it."

Nikko Smith - "Incomplete"
Mary: "You did a great job tonight. You really gave it your all. And I *love* your voice."
Ryan: "I was surprised that you were let off the show before."
Randy: "You know what I'm tripping on right now is that finally American is seeing the real Nikko Smith."
Paula: "That was brilliant and whatever you are doing keep showcasing your beautiful beautiful voice."
Simon: "Give or take a few tune problems that was by far your best performance."

Vonzell Solomon - "Best of My Love"
Mary: "Your performance was frantic and incorporated a lot of yelling. I didn't love it."
Ryan: "You've got a voice and that showed it off."
Randy: "It is like everyone showed up tonight. That was great."
Paula: "You personality came out and most importantly your vocals came out."
Simon: "Don't take this the wrong way but I think that for the first time in this competition people are going to remember you."

Constastine - "I Think I Love You"
Mary: "I hate going before the other judges, with the bad news first, but was like a train wreck."
Ryan: "This the best example yet of what makes you - you. And now I know I don't like you."
Randy: "Dude, that was a very interesting song choice. It was a little over the top for me."
Paula: "I think of all the Idols you have the best sense of showmanship. I think you did the song great justice."
Simon: "I thought it was an odd bit...It was rather like getting delivered a poodle in a leather jacket."

Nadia Turner - "Time After Time"
Mary: "First, holy mohawk. Second, I didn't like it. You were not in tune. And the performance was self-impressed."
Ryan: "I am frightened by the way you look and this did not show off your voice."
Randy: "Wow - I like the mohawk thing. You are definitely a star on that stage all the time."
Paula: "It wasn't my favorite choice in song but you still rocked it"
Simon: "I thought it was over the top and it reminded me of when you are a cruise ship and you see a cabaret ... it was your weakest performance by a mile."

Mikahla - "Love Will Lead"
Mary: "You sound remarkably like Taylor Dayne. It was pretty good."
Ryan: "I disagree with part of the song, saying goodbye IS easy. Goodbye."
Randy: "I miss the young fun energetic Mikahala. The performance was kind of pitchy a little bit."
Paula: "Early on I said your voice reminds me of Taylor Dayne but I am afraid you do not have a unique sound."
Simon: "It was a complete and utter mess."

Anwar Robinson - "Ain't Nobody"
Mary: "You sounded AMAZING in this song but you looked AFRAID."
Ryan: "I thought you were really good but it didn't move me out of my seat."
Randy: "Another ambitious song choice...you brought it home but it wasn't my best performance but it was aight."
Paula: "I am proud of your for taking a female song... You did an incredible job."
Simon: "It is a risky thing to take on a song like that b/c you compare it to the original. I thought it was inconsistent and lazy in the beginning and you rescued it with that one note. You need to do something uptempo but it wasn't that good."

Jessica Sierra - "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
Mary: "Well, I forgot that you were still on this show ... take that as you will."
Ryan: "Everyone seems to like you and everyone is wrong."
Randy: "I'm really happy tonight. That was a brilliant performance."
Paula: "That was a brilliant performance and you closed the show right on top."
Simon: "A lot of people a few weeks ago said that the girls [were the weaker ones in this competition] you and Carrie outsung everyone in the competition."

No comments: