Monday, May 09, 2005

Telling you want you want to hear

What I "figure" that *you* will want to know is THAT I have an exam tomorrow (in American Legal HistorY) and then one the following day (in Estates and Trust Administration) and then my dearie dears --> I'm done. With law school.
(Please note the fun and confusing punctuation.)

Sad news is that I guess I won't be a lawyer yet. I then have to dedicate my entire summer to preparing for an exam that, in an ideal world, I wouldn't have to study that much for because I should have already learned this. And there may be some people who have conveniently retained even an iota of knowledge from the past three years but I will not be one of them because I have what is commonly known as "sieve brain" or for the computer savvy "recycling bin brain." Every semester I fill up my mental shoe boxes carefully organizing them and separating the subjects in preparation for finals. These are the tools in my tool box. (Please note the excessive use of metaphors.) And then at the end of the semester I set fire to them. As a symbol of the purging, I throw out all loose papers associated with the subject -- everything except for the actual case book and a copy of the outline on my computer. Often even class notes get tossed. And so goes my knowledge of the subject.

And that's it. That's all the news. Oh! And I'm buying my first car this week. Wish me luck and much happiness and mobility!

No comments: