Thursday, September 30, 2004

King Klutz

I dress up as the "New Me" today. Very pretty with new shoes and blazer. I bought a big coffee to propel me through the busy day. I walked into class - really glamorous -- and then TRIPPED (over nothing), fell towards the wall in front of me but my hands were full with bags and the coffee. The coffee hit first. Popped open and shot up like a fire cracker. I hit the wall second and slid down the coffee waterfall onto the ground twisting my foot in my fancy new shoes. And then I just sat there. And then I reached for my phone. Figured since I was sitting (in a tremendous puddle) I would make a call. Then I stood up and everyone was horrified -- cleaning me -- convincing me that it wasn't terrible -- and then that's when I cried. I just started crying and people I knew were coming in and I tried to explain what happened through my sobs. And I wreaked of stale french vanilla. Then I walked home like that. As if I peed myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I definitley did almost the very same thing in college. I was running to class (late, as always becuase some things never change) and I had books in one hand and my nice large coffe in the other hand. It was winter, hence it was snowing. I slid on the wet steps inside the building going downstairs to class and literally like a cartoon my feet FLEW out from under me. Did I try to stop myself from crashing into the bottom step? NO. i was mainly concerned with NOT SPILLING MY COFFEE. So I hit my right butt cheek on the bottom step. The pain was immesurable and the joy of not spilling my coffee didn't quite measure up. I sat through class (in pain) and finally after class decided to see if I had a bruise or anything. MY ENTIRE LEFT SIDE OF MY BUTT WAS PURPLE with a BIG HARD LUMP the size of my fist underneith. It took WEEKS to go away. I proudly mooned many in showing off my war wound (hahahah not realy it was the lower back/upper butt area) So, that's my story.
-Gina
PS I've also broken toes before when I took Tae Kwon Do in high school - unfortunately there isn't much to do but to wait for them to heal and hope they heal straight....

Mary said...

oh gina dear... that is a good story though. thanks. my toe has gotten much darker so I will post another picture later. (gotta love the camera phone and bluetooth). Is it OKAY that I'm not going the doctor?

Anonymous said...

"As if I peed myself"
I laughed so hard I drooled.
Meaghan