Thursday, October 07, 2004

Bachelor Divided Fields? (combination of topics for fun)

I hate to admit it but I watch the Bachelor. I thought I wouldn't like it since ABC began with that awful gimmick of having 2 bachelors... but one was quickly removed and it became status quo = many beautiful women + one man. I am fascinated by it because it is like watching ants in ... an ant farm... I guess that is the appeal of reality shows. But what makes this more strange to me is that they are not striving for reality... they are trying to live a fairy tale. And I love it. I am a sucker for romance. I really am. So that's my justification as if I needed one.

[Insert here my narrow, unpopular view of 2004 issues. The gist of it is that it is all semantics and everyone is saying the same thing. That's why you should just vote for me. I'm not full of shit.]

By the way, I have never mentioned that my favorite band has been and continues to be the Magnetic Fields. Did anyone know that? Maybe I will quote them from time to time.

1 comment:

Heather Fink said...

I saw that bachelor while flipping channels last night. It's amazing how not hot I think he is!