Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Not Sure

Inappropriate?
Sometimes I'm not sure if I am inappropriate... I don't know exactly how to act or what to say. I don't really *feel* like a lawyer and I don't *feel* 26. I have the most sluggish feelings really. For all I know I could wake up and be 19 again. And it wouldn't surprise me. I *feel* like that very same person. I am now an ADULT and the changes I can look forward to are ADULT-changes. And really, those don't appeal to me.

Dreams
I had a lot of dreams last night. One of them dealt with submerging animals in a big fish tank. So you don't get worried... it wasn't malicious...at first they were fish, and then turned into cats, and then one of them when I took it out of the water and wrapped it in a towel was a dog which I let run around my sister's room. I dreamed I was sitting on bleachers but it was a classroom and we were basing our analyses on tv shows I had never watched. And then the professor called on me and asked me what I think. I said something like: "It isn't even the fault of these shows. We have been lied to since we were born."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are inappropriate at all. I think that the day you can't wake up 5 years younger than you are and be totally Ok with it, you've got problems! I definitely don't feel like a lawyer and I don't feel 24. I think part of it is the myth that 20-somethings are these magical people that are somewhere between children and parents - like the pinnacle of "adult" but it’s all BS.

Anonymous said...

Like always, I forgot to sign my name :-P that was from Gina :-)

Anonymous said...

I think it's interesting how you described your dream. I could picture it in my head. Yeah, dreams are weird like that. Once I dreamt that my cat jumped into a swimming pool to save me because I was drowning. When I made it out of the water, it was a dog instead of a cat and the swimming pool was the arctic.