Saturday, October 16, 2004

Visions of Sugar Plums

I don't know what a sugar plum is. I looked it up but couldn't find anything. But this is not the point.

POINT: I can't wait until Christmas!!!!

WHY (besides all the delight the holiday spirit brings): I love candy canes. I love them. I am eating one right now and I think it is left over from last year. Its still good! It is BETTER than good --> it is GREAT. It is the greatest most refreshing most fabulous candy. It is a totally inconvenient shape that needs to be carefully maneuvered but once you really know how to eat a candy cane it is like you were born to eat them. Perhaps, I was born to eat candy canes. If I could go back and tell my flannel-wearing, poetry-writing, Nirvana-listening, teenage self that I was born to eat candy canes that would have saved me a lot of poorly written songs strummed out on a flea market purchased out-of-tune guitar.

No comments: